Sometimes, we could just all use a little pick me up…
There are days that are just bad – you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and just cannot seem to find the motivation to conquer the day.
And, as an addict, these days can seem ever prevalent in your life. You find yourself struggling with overcoming your addiction as you battle withdraws and triggers.
But, one way to keep pushing forward is to constantly look for motivation. Constantly look for the positive side of things. By finding positive and encouraging things, you set yourself up to have a good day. You give yourself something to fall back on when times are tough.
One of the best ways to continuously encourage yourself is to surround yourself with positive quotes. They can give you the little bit of inspiration you might be looking for today.
Here are a few great ones that might just help you make it through another day in your journey to recovery:
- “If you fail to plan, plan to fail.” (unknown)
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” (unknown)
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” (Walt Disney)
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” (Will Rogers)
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” (OG Mandino)
- “We may encounter defeats, but we must not be defeated.” (Maya Angelou)
- “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.” (Henry Ford)
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” (C.S. Lewis)
These are just a few, but they hold a lot of truth.
So, what are some benefits of motivational quotes?
Well, they can:
- Help you in a situation of weakness, such as when you encounter one of your triggers.
- Give you strength to keep pushing forward, even when you are having a rough day.
- Help you formulate goals by giving you the inspiration to dream a new dream.
- Help inspire your creative potential, leading you to healthier habits that help you beat addiction.
When it comes to addiction recovery, you have to go all in. It is about finding every little way that can help you get better. Even if it is just flipping through and reading one of these quotes each day when you wake up.
Every little bit counts on your road to recovery.